2015 Provincial Physical Literacy Conference
Physical Literacy: The Gateway to Active Participation
The conference hashtag is #PL2015MB
Over 340 delegates from across the health, education, sport, recreation, and early childhood sectors attended this engaging all-day event on March 13, 2015 which left them with a solid understanding of physical literacy and the knowledge to move from promotion to provision. This conference was rooted in Canadian Sport for Life, a national movement to improve the quality of sport and physical activity. It presented a vision for your role, and that of your organization, in providing all Manitobans the opportunity to benefit from life-long physical activity.
All conference presentations will be posted here, stay tuned for the updated list!
- Dr. Michael Ungar - Keynote Resilience: Nine Things Kids Need from their Families, Schools, and Communities.
- Dr. Amanda Stanec - Keynote Spinning a Web of Physical Literacy
- Dr. Amanda Stanec - Nice is not Enough: How to Set a Motivational Climate to Support Physical Literacy
- Gary Swanson - Working Towards a New Master Use Agreement
- Lea Norris - Getting Physical Literacy into the Water Supply
Physical literacy in the news! Visit this Winnipeg Free Press article about Dr. Dean and Patrice Aubertin who will both be presenting at the conference!